The Megger MIT410-TC/3 insulation resistance and continuity tester has been designed specifically for use within the telecommunications industry. Unique telecommunications-related features include a soft canvas carrying bag with shoulder strap and rugged snap hook to attach to a tool belt, and a “bed of nails” test lead set.
The instrument allows the user to determine the condition of the insulation of the twisted copper cable pair, which could cause problems for services such as voice, video, and data or VoIP. When the insulation becomes weak or brittle, causing cracks or exposing copper within the cable, or water ingresses into the cable, the insulation resistance test will identify these situations immediately.
Megger MIT410 TC/3 Insulation Resistance Tester Features
- Insulation testing up to 500 V and 100 GΩ
- Patented analog arc and dual digital display
- CAT IV 600 V rating
- TRMS & DC Voltage measurement
- Continuity testing at 200 mA to 0.01 ohms
- Pass/Fail limit alarms
- IP54 rated
Replacing the original MIT410TC/2 instrument, the new unit features a redesigned case, back-stand, and 6 cell battery compartment with separate fuse access. All instruments are over-moulded for increased protection and continue to achieve an IP54 weatherproof rating.
Megger MIT410-TC/3 Insulation Resistance Tester Specifications
- Accuracy: ±3% ±2 digits (0 to 100 Ω)
- Analog Range: 1 GΩ Full Scale
- Dimensions: 9" x 4.25" x 2.32"
- Leakage Current: 10% ±3 digits
- Measurement: 0.01 Ω to 1000 kΩ
- Nominal Test Voltages: 50V, 100V, 250V, 500V
- Open circuit voltage: 5 V ±1 V
- Terminal Voltage: -0% +20% ±1 V
- Voltage Display: 3% ±3 digits ±0.5% of rated voltage