Maximizing the spectrum efficiency of DOCSIS 3.1® technology requires careful and consistent attention to network maintenance. While the broadband frequency response test in both the forward path (downstream) and the return path (upstream) is a core requirement of any cable network maintenance plan, maintaining cable networks requires more than sweep.
The OneExpert CATV ONX-630 is a powerful meter for maintaining HFC networks, including DOCSIS 3.1 performance analysis, spectrum analyzer, and forward and reverse sweep measurements. The headend/hub rack-mounted SCU-1800 Sweep Control Unit provides downstream sweep to 1.2 GHz and upstream sweep to 204 MHz on up to 16 ports (supports OneExpert CATV ONX-630 sweep).
The ONX-630 works with existing Stealth Digital Analyzer (SDA) rack-mounted sweep gear (SDA-5500 and SDA-5510) located at headend and hub sites. Additionally, OneExpert meters can sweep side-by-side with DSAM-6300 meters. Therefore, major test process/infrastructure modifications are not required when ONX-630s are added to a department’s instrument inventory. Moving forward, an advanced sweep transceiver – the SCU-1800 Sweep Control Unit – offers updated, space saving hardware and simple browser configurability.
- Simplifies and speeds testing
- Find root causes quickly, with one simple, quick automated process
- Quick, complete, and simple documentation with StrataSync™
- Improve overall technician efficiency with mobile apps and simplified, one-button testing
- DOCSIS 3.1 measurement, OFDM signal analysis, cable modem ranging, registration, and performance testing
- Return sweep up to 204 MHz and forward to 1,218 MHz, compatible with existing SDA/ DSAM sweep gear
- DOCSIS in-channel response for return frequency response
- Quick Check, a one-button, fast, multi-point tilt/alignment and power level measurement
- Ensure optimal performance in new architecture deployment
- Uncover network environmental damage or craft related issues
- Reveal response related issues before impacting entire spectrum
- Optimize performance to shorten time to revenue for new services
- Test return