The Opti-Loop Mini-Shoe was designed to store and organize the small amount of slack from a fiber drop that is to be left at an FDT (Fiber Drop Terminal). It is also to be used for the organization or storage of the minimal amount of unused multi-fiber drop, in the placing of a multiport terminal from FITS splices (Factory Installed Termination System).
Additionally, the remaining cable left for future use is safely stored, as opposed to the slack hanging in a vertical coil. This procedure stores the coil in a more unobtrusive, horizontal fashion.
Features and Benefits
- Inverted style stores fiber according to its most natural tendency
- Patented design also features angled slots to accommodate the use of banding material on steel or concrete poles
- Lightweight and stackable, tough UV resistant plastic compound
- No coiling of the fiber drop
- Keyed bracket slot, to prevent twisting
- Optional, changeable, mounting hardware for aerial, pole or below-grade hand holes
- All dielectric for use anywhere on the pole
- Weather resistant, non-rusting
- Tie wraps included
- Future drops can be added without disturbing the original bundle